A Self Reflection Questionnaire for the New Year
We all want to be the best version of ourselves. When someone knows their goals and defines them in a clear way, this clarity often leads to action and forwards them towards fulfilling their dreams and achieving their life’s goals.
A new year is a wonderful opportunity to do just that. A time to open all the drawers empty them out on the table and carefully look at what’s inside. Which dreams are inside there? Are those dreams still relevant to us and are we on the right path to making them come true?
Here is a set of questions that can help you identify the areas you need to focus on in the upcoming year. A self-reflection questionnaire to get you to do some soul searching and allow you self-growth in 5780.
Take an hour to yourself. If you are an early bird do it early in the morning when it is peaceful and quite, if you are a night owl (like me) do it late in the night when the world has gone to sleep.
- Pen and paper
- Coffee or anything else you like to drink
- Peace of mind
Here are the 10 questions to reflect upon: (write the answers down for yourself)
- What are the 5 achievements I am most proud of this passing year? (personal/work/family)
- Which are the 3 dreams I was not able to fulfil this year?
- What are the reasons I couldn’t achieve them?
- Was I kind, generous and close to the people in my life this year?
- Where the people in my life good to me? Do they make me happy and feel good about me and to be around?
- Have I worked hard enough in trying to make my dreams come true? Have I tried enough to fulfil my goals? Did I make enough of an effort to realize my own hopes?
- Are the dream and goals I have today still right for me? Do I have new dreams? Can I exchange some life goals in new ones?
- What are the 5 dreams I am going to make come true for me this year?
- Who am I going to love this year? Who am I going to smile at? Who am I going to share my life with?
Are there things I need to compromise on? People I need to stay away from? Things I should stop doing? Stay away from?
Now, read again all you have written. Take another paper and right yourselves the following:
What are the 3 first actions you about to take on your way to fulfill your personal growth and changes in your life this year. You can use the following structure:
Action # 1:
What, are you going to do? Be specific
When are you going to do it?
This is a self-reflecting process, a time to search your soul a little and ask yourself deep questions and answer them in a clear way that will lead you to positive change and growth.
We wish you Shana Tova filled with new beginings.
Loved it? Share it!