Easy Does It Halva Cookies
Halva is delicious! Right? Why of course it is. :-), some say it’s an acquired taste, well go and acquire it! It’s worth it!
Why those are easy does it cookies? Because you don’t need to roll each one separately, you just make a roll and slice it up. Easy.
Go ahead and wow everyone – and don’t tell them how easy it was – tell them you slaved in the kitchen all day long
700 gr / 25 oz / 5 cups plain flour
200 gr / 7 oz unsalted butter
120 ml / 1/2 cup canola oil
120 ml / 1/2 cup orange juice
1 tbsp caster sugar
11 gr baking powder
For the filling– Halva spread
Powder sugar for dusting
- Place all ingredients in a mixer with a guitar hook, kneed until dough is unified. If needed add a little flour so it won’t be sticky.
- Create a ball, oil it a little and place aside for 10 minutes
- Divide the dough ball into to 3 parts. Roll each one to a thin square.
- Heat the oven to 170C/340F/4 gas
- Spread each square with Halva spread
- You can sprinkle walnuts or pecan nuts if you like
- Roll into a tight roll
- Mark each roll 1cm/half inch deep 1/2/quarter inch cm intervals slices, to make the cutting easier after baking
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and bake for 30 min. until light golden.
- When cookies are still hot, cut them down and return to the oven for 10 more minutes
- Cool down, dust with powder sugar generously.
So if you want to make this delicious recipe, all you need to do is order our Blue & White IsraeliBox.
The PERFECT Halva spread is waiting for you inside.
Loved it? Share it!