Hagit's Carrot Cake Carrots with Love
Carrot cake is one of his favorites – of all cakes. And let’s face it, not a real popular choice usually, but he LOVES it! So I had tried quite a few recipes over the years, non was a masterpiece… and then, Hagit – his sister, (my sister in law) made one for him for his birthday – and it was phenomenal! Really yummy and delicious! He was SO happy.
Sisters are just an awesome thing to have. At any age – isn’t it?
Enjoy this great recipe and if you have a sister, or a sister in law, or both – consider yourself lucky! I know I do.
Makes 2 x 9 X 5 in (23 X 13cm) tins
What will you need?
1 1/2 cups / 360 gr / 12 oz. dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cups / 360 gr / 12 oz. plain flower
2 tsp / 10 gr. vanilla sugar
1 cup / 240 ml canola oil
2 cups / 300 gr. grated carrot (about 4 carrots)
1 1/2 cups / 150 gr Coconut
1/2 cup / 250 ml unsweetened apple sauce
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1 cup / 250 gr Walnuts
1 cup / 250 gr Sultanas
For the topping:
500ml double cream
1/4 cup / 60 gr. Caster sugar
40 gr vanilla custard powder
How to make it?
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / 320 F / Gas 4
- In a big mixing bowl stir together the eggs, add the dark brown sugar, vanilla sugar and oil and mix well.
- Add the carrots, apple sauce and coconut and mix
- Sift together the flower, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and add into the mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Fold in the nuts and sultanas.
- Transfer into the greased English loaf tins
- Bake for appx. 1 hour or until toothpick comes out dry.
- Let the cake chill down
- You can enjoy just like that – or… if you are into frosting, and want to add an extra flavor and texture to this wonderful cake here is a frosting idea: Whip the cream together with sugar and vanilla custard until soft peaks are formed. Slice the cake in half, horizontally. Sandwich the layers with some of the whipped cream and spread the remainder over the top and sides of the cake.
In this month’s Box we are sending you Karoto – the most original, and most beautiful carrot peeler in the world, in our eyes! So go peel some carrots, 4 actually and make someone you love happy with this yummy carrot cake!
Loved it? Share it!