Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream – like in the Gellateria!
Ice cream is the epitome of summer isn’t it? And it always reminds you childhood no matter how old you are. Ice cream cone filled with deliciousness is one of life’s true pleasures. Homemade ice cream is even better because you can also taste the love it was made with ♡♡♡
Here is our recipe for the favourite strawberry flavour ice cream.
2 cups milk
1 cup cream
250 gr. strawberry jam
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Red food colouring
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- Stir milk and cream in a saucepan over medium heat until mixture almost boils. Remove from heat
- Beat egg yolks until smooth and creamy. Slowly stir 1 cup of milk mixture into beaten egg yolks.
- Return egg mixture to remaining milk in saucepan, stir in jam. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in Vanilla extract and a few drops of red food colouring, sufficient to achieve a light pink colour.
- Place mixture into a pouring jug or bowl, cover and cool. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until mixture is completely chilled.
- Stir mixture before pouring into rotating Freezer Bowl. (Ice Cream Maker). Add chopped strawberries to the mixture as the bowl rotates. Process until desired consistency is achieved.
Hope you have an ice cream maker at home to enjoy this great recipe. If you don’t I recommend it, promises many Shabbat’s of family love and LOTS of hugs from kids who enjoy it!
Loved it? Share it!