Cheese & Za'atar Pastries
Sharon Ginigar-Noy – "Noyale" Dairy Farm
Cheese is one of our favorite foods! Israeli cheese is unique, light and very fresh. Although we appreciate cheeses from all over the world – whenever we travel, or spend long periods of time overseas, we miss our Cottage and 9% white cheese.
Combine it with Za’atar –that grows all over Israel, serve with olives and you are transported into the Mediterranean in whisk of a bite.
What will you need?
3 1/4 cups plain flower
100 gr. Unsalted butter
250 gr. Sour cream / créam fraÎche
100 gr. Crumbled feta cheese
100 gr. Grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp Zaatar
How to make it?
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well blended. If the dough is too sticky, add some flower.
- Fridge the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
- Make ping pong ball size balls and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, spaced evenly apart.
- Brush the dough balls with 1 egg lightly bitten.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt
- Bake until golden
Be warned! It’s addictive!!!
Loved it? Share it!