The perfect soup this fall
This lentil soup, combining both red and green lentils, is one of our favorite fall and winter dishes. It’s delicious, healthy and hits that perfect spot when looking for a warm meal on a cool evening.
Add your favorite bread and a side salad for a complete meal. Bete’avon (have a good meal)!
1 cup red lentils
¾ cup green lentils
2 tsp cumin
¼ tsp pepper
1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
Salt to taste
- Soak the green lentils overnight (recommended)
- Wash the green and red lentils thoroughly
- Chop the onion and fry in a big pot until light brown
- Add the lentils and boiling water (enough to cover the lentils)
- Add cumin, broth, and salt
- Partially cover and let cook on a low flame. Add water when necessary. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
Don’t forget to share your pictures of your lentil soup and other recipes on Instagram and to tag @israeli_box. We can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
Loved it? Share it!