“Exploding” Silan & Almond Cookies
If you really want to feel the Israeli flavors, to get the scent of sun and summer, maybe the aroma of the Mediterranean or the Israeli Desert, make these little explosions of Silan cookies and you’ll
(Real easy to make and looks super pro!)
For 30 cookies you’ll need:
4 tbsp Silan
1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
3 tbsp Canola Oil
1/4 tbsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup Ground Almonds
1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tbsp Baking Soda
For the coating: 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- In a mixing bowl add: silan, sugar, oil, cinnamon, salt & egg until unified. (if you are using a mixer use the flat beater)
- Add the flour, almonds, baking soda and baking powder until a soft dough is formed.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170C/330F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Create small balls of dough and cover them with powdered sugar.
- Place on the baking sheet, spaced apart and bake for 10-14 minutes until the cookies “explode” and set.
- Let the cookies cool down to room temperature before serving.
Easy to make and look super professional! ENJOY!!
Loved it? Share it!