Homemade Labaneh Cheese with Zaatar
Labaneh is a soft white cheese from the Mediterranean area, a little sour and with a tingling edge to it. If you had been to Israel you must have tried it…
In a time like this, when we are all home, why not try making it yourself at home? Homemade cheese with our special Israeli grown Zaatar mix – give it a go – we just know you’ll fall in love.
1 litter low fat milk
250ml natural yogurt
Zaatar spice mix
1 cheese cloth
- Boil milk in a small sauce pan, once boiled, take off heat and let cool down
- Add the yogurt and mix well until blended
- Line a deep bowl with the cheese cloth and pour mixture into it
- Squeeze edges of the cloth to squeeze the mixture, let it set for half a day, after 15 hours cheese is ready
- Once ready – fridge
- When you feel like eating – plate some cheese on a flat plate, drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with Zaatar
- You can eat the Labaneh with pitta bread, or any other bread. It actually is also yummy with mazza…..
Loved it? Share it!