Latkes – Levivot – the perfect companion to the Sufgania 🙂
Latkes are the best. To begin with they are fried. And let’s be honest, we LOVE everything fried. And they’re best served fresh and hot right out the pan. Oh latkes, latkes… you make us so happy inside J
Here’s our easy recipe. Have a Latke of fun!
Makes about 40 latkes
1 kg peeled potatoes
1 cup self-rising flour
1 tsp salt
Oil for frying
- Grate the potatoes and onions coarsely on the grater.
- Add the 3 eggs to the mixture.
- Add the flour to receive a dry mixture with no liquids.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and deep fry as little patties until golden.
- Extremely yummy served with sour cream.
Over the years we have varied our taste and made the Levivot with sweet potato, zucchini, and sometimes a mix. To spice things up a little.
Loved it? Share it!