Leg of Lamb in Wine and Spicy Silan
Cooking a leg of lamb sounds serious business right? The kind of cooking only real chefs can pull off. Well we are sharing here with you a recipe by the spices queen herself, Ayelet Venezia, that with her delicious spice mixes everyone can become a master chef at home. it is really not that complicated… give it a go!
Leg of Lamb with the bone – 1.5 Kg
3 tbsp Olive Oil
2 large Onions sliced thinly
2 Carrots peeled and cut to chunky rounds
1 Sweet Potato peeled and cut to medium sized cubes
1 leak cut into large slices (only the white part)
2 Jerusalem Artichokes peeled and cut into chunks
1 small basket of White Button Mushrooms
4 cloves of Black Garlic
1/2 a bottle of Dry Red Wine
1 tbsp Spicy Salt by Ayelet’s Spices (salt spiced with: Parsley, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Coriander seeds, Ground Persian Lemon, Paprika, A few mustard seeds and some cumin)
2 tbsp Ayelet’s Spices Sweet Spice mix
1/4 cup Sugar Free Pomegranate Syrup
1/4 cup Sugar Free Silan
- Pre-Heat the oven to 180°C
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot that fits in the oven as well. (Le-Creuset is excellent for it), and fry the leg of lamb for 5 minutes on each side. Until golden.
- Take out the meat, and add the vegetables. Fry while stirring until golden.
- In a small bowl mix together the Silan, the Pomegranate Syrup, the spices and 3 tbsp of water.
- Return Meat to the pot, pour the spice mixture over it, and add the wine and water to cover at least 3/4 of the leg of lamb.
- Bring it all to the boil, and allow gentle boiling for 15 minutes.
- Cover and put in the oven for at least 6 hours.
Have patience, the taste is full worth the taste!
Loved it? Share it!