Sharon's Apple Pie
This is one of the first bakes I learned how to make as a young wife. Baking for the first time in my own kitchen. Hosting my family and friends. It was a great success!
I have made this apple pie so many times since, that I almost know it by heart.
You could almost say it’s my signature cake. So sharing it today with you, makes me really extra excited. Wishing you all a great New Year, and may it be as sweet and beautiful as the memories I have with this recipe.
200 gr Unsalted Butter
1 cup Caster Sugar
6 Egg Yolks
4 cups Plain Flour
22 gr. Vanilla Sugar
For the filling:
1 kg granny smith apples – peeled and cubed
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1/4 cup Water
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix until it forms a ball of dough. Fridge for now.
- Place apples, sugar and water in a pot and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Add cinnamon and let it cool down.
- Flatten half of the dough ball in a 26″ pie pan.
- Spread the apple mixture on top.
- Create stripes from the remaining dough and place them in a warp and woof thread over the apples.
- Bake in a preheat oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 Oven for about 40 minutes until golden.
Enjoy and make others happy!
Loved it? Share it!