Spiced Chicken in the oven for Shabbat
Shabbat dinner. This special family time together. Time to slow down for a little, sit down with the people you love most in this world and talk to them. Listen to them, laugh together and enjoy each other’s company. The best memories are cherished around the Shabbat table.
Spiced chicken is such a classic. Fills the kitchen with the perfect scent of home cooked meal and with this recipe you also get the bonus of an easy and simple to make dish that you’ll just pop into the oven week after week, you’ll see.
6 chicken thighs or 12 drum sticks (depends on what you like)
2 tbsp Ras el Hanut spice
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp honey or dates Silan
1/2 – 1 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
8 potatoes cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together )not including the chicken) into a unified paste
- Add in the chicken and cover all parts well
- Add the potatoes and cover them well too
- Fridge for 1 hour
- Place in a large Pyrex pan – make sure to even out all chicken thighs and potatoes and layer them out in one layer
- Cover the pan in tin foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Take of the tin foil and bake for 1 more hour.
- Occasionally wet the chicken with the juices from the pan itself
You can also try adding other vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes and even whole onions if you wish to make things a little more interesting.🍗🍗🥕🧅🥔🍅
Loved it? Share it!