The Best Baked Cheese Cake for Shavuot!
Ok, so from all the cakes in the world, and we do love our cakes…. Cheese cake is without competition, our all time and ultimate favorite.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Cheese cakes.
And so for us, Shavuot, is one of the best holidays!
So with no further ado, here is our best cheese cake recipe for Shavuot! Enjoy!
1/2 cup Hazelnuts
75 gr. Butter – cold and cut into cubes
1 Egg yolk
1-2 tsp heavy whipping cream
zest from 1 lemon
120 gr. Plain flour
3 tbsp White sugar
1/4 cup Heavy whipping cream
50 gr. White chocolate
600 gr. White cheese (Quark or Ricotta)
200 gr. Sour cream
150 gr. White sugar
10 gr. Vanilla Sugar
2 tbsp Corn starch
- Place the white cheese in a cotton cloth over a sieve and let the fluid run out, for about 1 hour.
- Lightly toast the hazelnuts in a pan until they smell nice 🙂 , cool down, peel, and grind to a crumbly mix.
- Add the butter, egg yolk, heavy whipped cream, lemon zest, flour and sugar and kneed with your hands to a unified mass.
- Spread on a parchment paper lined 20 cm baking pan, cover with plastic wrap, and fridge for 30 min.
- Bake in a preheat oven to 180C for 15 min. until golden.
- Take out and lower the heat to 160C
- In a small sauce pan heat 1/4 cup of whipping cream, add the white chocolate until it melts
- In a bowl, mix the white cheese (after the fluids were sieved), the sour cream and the sugar.
- Add the vanilla sugar and corn starch and mix well
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time. And mix well after each one – until blends together to a unified mixture
- Add the white chocolate mix and mix well again
- Pour the cheese mix over the baked base and bake in 160C oven for 1 1/4 hours, until the cake is stable at the reams but still vibrates at the middle
- Cool down to room temperature, cover with a plastic wrap and fridge for 8 hours
- You can serve with fresh berries on top – placed on the cake
Promise people will not stop raving about this divine cheese cake – and you can rule the kitchen for a day!!
Loved it? Share it!