Yum Yum Ja'ale - Chukulumumu Salad
In Israel, our dinner is usually not a hot cooked meal, but more often just a light meal made up of salads, light bakes (like Burekas), a few kinds of cheese, especially Israeli white cheese, eggs etc.
This great Salad recipe is a whole nutritious Israeli and light meal own its own. The quantities are for 2-3 people. Depends on how hungry you are, if you need to feed more tummies, just increase the quantities of all things proportionally.
15 cherry tomatoes
15 button mushrooms
150 grams baby leaves
1-2 green onions
100 grams Feta cheese
5 tbsp Ja’ale mix (Original mix for Salad – Chukulumumu)
For the dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups white wine vinegar
Fresh ground pepper
- Green Onion – chop thinly
- Cherry tomatoes – half
- Button mushrooms – slice thinly
- Carrots – shave into thin shavings
- Place all vegetables in a bowl together with the baby leaves
- Mix in a spate bowl the dressing mixture and pour over vegetables just before serving
- Crumble the chees onto the salad + The Ja’ale mix
- Nibble away!!!
Loved it? Share it!